My agency is looking for someone who is passionately interested to start his/her career as an advertising account planner. Yes, you get this right: this is a position for someone who has never worked as a planner before.
Most of this person’s (we don’t care about the gender) working hours will be spent researching data and gathering knowledge about consumers behavior, socio-cultural trends, and marketing of FMCG brands. He/she needs to be able to package the knowledge in a manner that can attract and retain my attention (I have the attention span of a 9 year old kid), be it written or spoken.
This person must truly understand that creative briefing is not about giving instructions to creative craftspeople, but about inviting or intriguing them to solve problems. He/she must bring clarity to the strategic and creative development process. This person needs to exude encouragement to everyone who works with him/her.
Lastly, he/she needs to speak and write English well.
In his/her day to day work, he/she will work closely to my colleague Stevie Weber. Stevie is a sharp Planning Director with a strong creative intuition. She talks fast, and she is also a much nicer, warmer human being than I am.
(Un)fortunately, this person will still have to receive mentoring sessions from yours truly.
Are you interested to be this person? We hope you are.
If you are, then you’ll have to do this assignment. Here you’ll find questions that you must answer. You should walk me and Stevie through your answers in a meeting. To do so, please contact Diana Prihatini at my agency (Lowe and Partners) to book an appointment to meet with us.
Are you ready?
- Tell us a story about your information diet.
- Please rewrite your life story as Lampu Hijau’s headline.
- Has there any pop culture material that shifted your views on human being or life?
- How would your enemies describe you?
- What was the last time your mistake took you to an interesting place?
- Write down 5 questions you’d ask if you had to interview the person you deem as your idol or whom you truly admire.
- Write down 5 questions you’d ask if you had to interview the person you really despise.
- Please write a recruitment ad for Al Qaeda’s suicide bombers.
- If you are given IDR 5 billion to resurrect Jiffest, what would you do?
Please hurry. We really need you here.